It’s definitely time for another recipe!
I love my crock pot so much. It’s something I try to use as often as possible because it is so easy. I had never tried lasagna in the crock pot before and thought it sounded like an interesting and easy way to make it.
In this recipe you can use ricotta or cottage cheese. Usually I hate cottage cheese in lasagna, but in this recipe it is amazing. My husband doesn’t like cottage cheese in anything and he LOVES this lasagna. So, trust the recipe and at least try it with cottage cheese even if you are generally not a fan.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 large chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 can of tomato sauce – 28 ounces
- 1 can of tomato paste – 6 ounces
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 12 ounces of cottage cheese
- half cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a frying pan, cook the ground meat, onions and garlic.
- When ground meat is fully cooked, add tomato sauce, paste, salt and oregano until sauce is warm and thoroughly mixed.
- Now, start the layers in the crock pot. Begin with the meat sauce. Continue the layers in this order: meat sauce, noodles (you will break to fit), cottage cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, until all ingredients are used up.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on the LOW setting for 4-5 hours.
The really great thing about this recipe is you can change it to your specific tastes. If you like extra noodles, make it a double layer of noodles instead of a single. If you like a really cheesy lasagna add more cheese. The only rule you have to follow is don’t go overboard with any of the ingredients and it should turn out just fine.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments below!