Pretty much all you need to know is that these cupcakes are amazing.
I have had the recipe for a long while and just never got around to making them – until now. Let me tell you, I am so glad I did!
The mini “snack size” Oreos are perfect for decoration.
This cupcake’s basic make up is a full Oreo in the bottom topped with crushed Oreos in a chocolate batter. The frosting is also to die for. It is just a basic cream cheese frosting mixed with more crushed Oreo. There is not part of this cupcake that is not filled with creamy, chocolatey, cookie goodness!
Now, to the important part.
- 1 Package of Oreo Cookies
- 1 Package of Mini or “Snack Size” Oreo Cookies (optional)
- 1 Package of Devil’s Food Cake Mix (and ingredients in directions on box)
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese (I used 1/3 Fat)
- 3 1/2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Cupcake Liners (about 24)
Directions for Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners in pan, put one Oreo in each liner.
- Mix cake batter according to directions on the box.
- Roughly crush the remaining Oreo cookies (can place in large ziplock bag and use rolling pin to crush). Take HALF of the crushed cookies and mix into batter.
- Fill cupcakes.
- Bake according to box directions.
Directions for Icing:
- Let butter and cream cheese soften.
- Mix together butter and cream cheese in medium bowl.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Take left over crushed cookies and roll the rolling pin on them until finely crushed.
- Mix crushed cookies into frosting.
If you would like a simple decoration, topping each cupcake with a mini Oreo is a great way to give the cupcakes a little something special.
I taste tested these with my parents who are visiting from the states and they rated them as “5 star”. Huge hit at this house.
Let me know if you try the recipe and how they turn out!