Who doesn’t like s’mores? S’mores are delicious, but they are not always practical for all kinds of parties. What about s’mores you can take anywhere? I will tell you, they exist!
Mmmm, S’mores Bars!
These were a huge hit at the Christmas party we attended. The recipe is fairly simple and super delicious.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 king-sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
- 2 containers marshmallow creme/fluff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking powder to butter mixture creating a thick dough.
- Split dough in half and press one half evenly into the bottom of the greased pan.
- On top of the dough layer, place 3 chocolate bars side by side. They should cover the dough layer while leaving a small space around the edge exposing some dough.
- On top of the chocolate, spread a hefty layer of marshmallow fluff. Be sure to leave the extra space along the edges.
- Layer the rest of the dough on top. The easiest way to achieve this is to flatten small portions and laying them next to each other. When they are placed, smooth the dough pieces together.
- Gently press the top dough layer and the bottom layer together around the edge to seal in the chocolate and marshmallow.
- Finally, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the crust starts to turn golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.